Major macOS updates tend to have bugs and errors which could lead to connectivity and power-related issues.
Our partner, Silicon Motion, regularly updates their display application (macOS InstantView) accordingly with any major macOS updates. If macOS InstantView under the HYPERDISPLY drive is damaged or corrupted, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
1.) Please remove the macOS InstantView app from computer first
- Move a mouse cursor to "USB Display" icon at the menu bar, control key + click on touch pad > select "Remove Application"
2.) Proceed with a redownload of macOS InstantView
Driver download page: https://www.siliconmotion.com/downloads/index.html
*Recommended version is highly recommended*
3.) Install macOS InstantView to your applications folder and allow the necessary security & privacy settings for screen recording if prompted
4.) Once all the settings are allowed, launch and run macOS InstantView
If you continue to run into any issues, a power reboot will be helpful. Please follow the power reboot steps below carefully:
1. Disconnect the HyperDrive from your computer along with any other accessories (Power cord, HDMI cables, keyboards, mice, etc.) from the HyperDrive.
2. Select the "Shut Down" option on your computer.
3. Once the computer is shut down, close the lid of the computer for approximately 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, re-open the lid of the computer and log back in.
4. Once you are logged back in, reconnect the HyperDrive first and applicable accessories after.
If you continue to experience issues, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org