To achieve full feature compatibility with the 2020 Duo 7-in-2 while attached to the side, you need the following MacBooks:
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017 and later)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019 and later)
The following MacBooks are compatible with the 2020 Duo 7-in-2, but will not display at 4K60Hz through HDMI (the 40Gbps USB-C port can still display at 4K60Hz):
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 and later)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
- MacBook Air (2018 and newer, needs USB-C)
For Mac computers, all Macs and iPads with USB-C will work with the Hub if the extension cord is used. The Apple devices not listed above that support 4K60Hz are:
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2018 and 2020)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd & 4th Generation)
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017 and later)
- Mac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017 and later)
- iMac Pro (2018)
Windows/ Chrome OS/ Linux requirements
For other devices to achieve full compatibility with this Hub while using it with the included extension cord, your device must support the following:
- Thunderbolt 3, USB-C 3.2 Gen 2, or USB-C 3.1/3.2 Gen 1 that supports charge, video, and data.
- DisplayPort 1.4/HDMI 2.0 for 4K60Hz (DisplayPort 1.2/HDMI 1.4 is compatible but will only display at 4K30Hz).
- USB-C charging (if you want to charge a laptop/tablet with a USB-C charger)
To ensure compatibility, please check with your computer manufacturer for the following features.