iPad Pro can see most file systems, but will not recognize the following file systems:
- Any encrypted file systems
- NTFS (Windows-based)
Any external drives with these file formats will not appear on iPad.
To check the file format, please click the following for your operating system (you cannot check these on iPad):
- Open File Explorer (or My Computer on Win 8 and older)
- Right-click on the drive you want to check
- Choose "Properties" and it will show up under "File System"
- Press Command-Space on your keyboard
- Type in "Disk Utility" and open the application
- Select the drive and the file system will be under the drive name