If you prefer to see these instructions in pictures, please see the PDF below for your device.
HyperCube is a great way to back up your contacts, photos, and videos without using a costly cloud service. To use HyperCube, start by downloading the app. Once the app is downloaded, if you are using MicroSD as the backup source, insert the Micro SD card into HyperCube. Once done, plug in your HyperCube to a USB power supply. To take advantage of fast charging, make sure to plug in HyperCube to a fast charging adapter. Once plugged in, you can plug in your charging cable into the orange USB port of HyperCube. If you wish to use a USB storage device, plug that into the black USB port.
When plugging your phone into HyperCube for the first time, it will request permission to access content on your device. To allow HyperCube to back up, please allow the app to access the information. Once the permissions are granted, it will pull up the HyperCube home page. From here, you can view different files you may have, as well as do a manual backup. You can also restore to a new or replacement phone from here.
To do a manual backup, while on the home tab, choose the "Phone Backup option". Once there, click on "Backup Now" when it appears. This will do a backup of contacts, photos, and videos manually.
If you have multiple albums, from the home page, you will want to select "Album Backup". It will scan for the albums on your iPhone and allow you to manually backup specific albums on your device.
To set up automatic backup, you will want to go to Settings (on the lower right-hand corner), then choose Backup Settings. From there, turn on the Auto Backup feature, as well as select the options you wish to automatically backup. There is an option to automatically delete the data on the phone once the backup is complete. The auto backup will start when the phone is plugged in unless you stop the process.
When the phone is completing a backup, there will be a percentage indicator that shows the progress of the backup. Once it is complete, a notification will come up on the phone saying it is complete (if notifications are turned on for the app).
Notes for iOS users:
* Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hyperdrive-hypercube/id1467877747
* Very important: Please do not force close the HyperCube app. A lot of the features cannot be accessed when the app is forced closed. Only do so if the app freezes.
* Please make sure to use an Apple (preferred) or mFi certified cable.
* The app will send you a notification that is it plugged in, as long as you allowed notifications.
* When Auto Backup is on, a notification will appear that the phone is backing up.
Notes for Android users:
* Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.HyperCube.storagewifi
* Please make sure that the cable supports charge and data. Also, make sure the cable is from a reputable brand, as low-quality cables can cause connectivity issues with HyperCube.
* The app will ask if you want the app to open up automatically when you plug in the phone to HyperCube, it is recommended that you choose that option.
* When Auto Backup is on, the HyperCube app will open and begin backing up the phone.