( Please note, this firmware update is for HyperDrive shipped before April 2019, If you have ordered a HyperDrive iPad Pro after March 2019, your HyperDrive iPad Pro HD319A is likely updated already. Thanks)
To update the firmware with Mac, you need to connect the Hyperdrive to the Mac via Hyperdrive Main USB-C Male port.
If your Mac does not have USB-C port, you can try using a USB-A to USB-C Adapter. Please make sure your Mac USB-A is USB Gen 3.1 and once connected through the adapter, test the USB-A port on the Hyperdrive with a USB-A device like USB storage to ensure the Hyperdrive is detected as an expansion hub before starting the update.
(Tip: Make sure the Hyper logo is facing down, as it is illustrated in the picture below)
If your Hyperdrive cannot sit flush with the Mac. Please remove the grip and follow the FAQ link below for installing the extension cord correctly to connect: https://hypershop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026429971-how-to-install-the-extension-cord
Once you have Hyperdrive connected as your Mac's Hub without any other ports connected on the Hyperdrive.
Please download the MacOS Hyperdrive iPadPro update.zip on the Mac.
1. Select and open the .zip file to decompress folder "MacOS Hyperdrive iPadPro update"
2. Select and open the Folder "MacOS Hyperdrive iPadPro update"
3. In the folder "MacOS Hyperdrive iPadPro update" below, Select and Open the file" "Update_20190214"
4. The firmware should now start updating and your screen should pop up, then close few windows, please wait for the update to finish.
-if your computer does not see the Hyperdrive or get any error, please disconnect the Hyperdrive and close the application, then connect Hyperdrive back in, connect a USB-A device to Hyperdrive to make sure Hyperdrive is connected as a hub, disconnect the USB-A device without disconnecting the Hyperdrive, then - restart Step 3 - open the "Update_20190214 "
5: Close the firmware update and go back to the folder. "MacOS Hyperdrive iPadPro update",select and open "GetFW_20190424"
6. A new window should open up, Please verify that the firmware is current showing:
= PD FW Version is 8A.24.10.14 =
Once you have verified firmware is current, below highlight in pink:
Congratulations! Your Hyperdrive for iPad Pro is now Updated to the latest firmware!