*This guide will show how to connect a computer running Windows 7 to the iUSBPort Camera device
*This guide will apply to both versions (Version 1 and 2) of the iUSBPort Camera line.
Before you start:
Please download the attached iUSBPort Camera app, "iUSBCam_Win. ex".
*In some cases, the end of the file has to be renamed from ".EX" to ".EXE"
Java is required to run the application, you can download/install the latest version here.
Once both apps are downloaded and installed, you can proceed.
1. Join the iUSBPort / iUSBCam WiFi network.
*Sometimes its necessary to connect via Google Chrome browser first for the app to be able to detect the iUSBPort device.
A. This can be done by opening a Google Chrome browser and type in "192.168.0.1" (for Version 1 devices) or "188.8.131.52" (for Version 2 devices - iUSBPort Camera 2)
B. Once you see the iUSBPort Main Menu, you can close the Google Chrome window.
2. Open the iUSBPort Camera App
An error message (see below) may show, please click "OK".
3. Click on the drop down arrow to see the list of detected devices and click on the listed address to connect to your iUSBPort Camera.
Click "Rescan" if you do not see the IP Address listed on the small window.
If you still do not see the IP Address after pressing Rescan, please do the connection verification under step 1.
4. Meet the iUSBPort Camera Dashboard
1. Battery Level (Camera’s Battery)
2. Shots Remaining
3. Shutdown Button
4. Current Camera Mode
5. Shutter Speed
6. Aperture Value
7. ISO Setting
9. Metering Mode
10. White Balance
11. Shoot Quality (Jpeg / RAW)
13. Manual Focus Controller (Slider)
14. Manual Focus Controller (Button)
15. Time Lapse Setup (active only when live view is turned OFF)
16. HDR Setup (active only when live view is turned OFF)
17. Main Viewing Area (Viewfinder)
18. Thumbnail Area
19. Current Download Path
20. Change Path Setting
21. Open Download Folder
22. Auto Download Toggle
23. Video Mode Toggle
24. Live View Toggle
25. Shutter Release Button